The R&D department is responsible for managing, monitoring, and continuously improving new products throughout the lifetime of the product. It is also in charge of technical relationships with customers using project teams and technical support services. The R&D department reports to the General Management.
Telma S.A.S. uses state-of-the-art digital modelling software supported by an integrated testing laboratory. Telma maintains close relationships with industry recognized technical experts.
Operational roles of the R&D department:
- Assisting and guiding customers in the selection of technical solutions to their needs;
- Solving after-sale technical issues;
- Selecting the best suppliers in the initial stage of the projects;
- Fulfilling its mission in compliance with IATF 16949, ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 standards.
Strategic objectives of the R&D department:
- Technological innovation: perfecting and optimizing vehicle retarders and accessories by improving materials and technical solutions.
- Advanced research: researching new concepts and products that meet clients' future expectations.
- Product development: with its project team structure, Telma S.A.S. develops all new products in compliance with the strictest Quality standards. Product and process engineering are performed simultaneously, which allows for fast and efficient new product development.
- Testing laboratories: continuous performance of new products must be accompanied by significant improvement of related methods and testing processes. Telma S.A.S. continuously adapts its testing processes to client requirements, as well as to standards.
The Production department is responsible for manufacturing and launching Telma products in compliance with applicable standards, laws, and commitments toward clients. The Production department manages all functions necessary for mission fulfilment, such as logistics, maintenance, quality, methods, and production teams. The Production department reports to the General Management.
Telma integrates various manufacturing processes such as hobbing, broaching, milling, turning, winding, assembling, tack welding, MIG welding, order preparation, kit assembly, and packaging.
- Planning and scheduling production using a SIOP and an MPS, to comply with and meet client requirements;
- Complying with ERP, MES and JIT principles to only ensure strictly necessary availability, components, workforce and manufacturing processes;
- Ensuring availability of machines and premises while applying strict predictive and preventive maintenance;
- Providing capacity to production and control systems based on the MSA standard;
- Continuously improving production processes using the following tools: QRQC, logical thinking, KAIZEN, and lean manufacturing principles.
- Applying the OHSAS 18001 standard to ensure personnel safety;
- Applying the ISO 14001 standard to protect the environment;
- Satisfying customers by delivering high quality products in compliance with IATF 16949, ISO 9001 standards, using the QRQC.
- Using the JIT system every day to deliver products to customers throughout the 5 continents according to the QCD commitments.
The Commercial department is responsible for managing the company's customer relationships. It reports to the General management.
Operational roles of the Commercial department are as follows:
- Fostering productive interaction between clients and all divisions of the company;
- Identifying all new market opportunities;
- Negotiating and concluding partnership agreements with our clients;
- Providing global services that meet clients' expectations, and ensuring their full satisfaction;
- Promoting personal contact with clients in order to sustain the relationship while minimizing mutual risk;
- Being the voice of the client and of the market within the company;
- Fulfilling our mission in compliance with IATF 16949, ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001.
Strategic objectives of the Commercial department:
- Applying the company's commercial strategy and general policy;
- Monitoring technological developments in order to anticipate the progression of demand in vehicle retarders;
- Involving Telma in future projects for vehicle lines;
- Extending the scope of application for Telma products;
- Maintaining a world-renowned level of excellence.
The Department of Human Resources is central to the company. It reports to the General management. The Department of Human Resources is responsible for personnel management, payroll, internal communication with employees, training, career development, relationships with staff representatives, and employee safety.
The operational roles of the Department of Human Resources are as follows:
- Guiding Managers in recruiting employees and facilitating their integration into the company.
- Consistently developing team competencies through appropriate training programmes compliant with the IATF 16949, ISO 9001 standard.
- Being available to employees to help them best manage their career, and achieving balance between company needs and resources using, among other tools, forward planning of employment and skills (GPEC).
- Ensuring monitoring and compliance with legal, regulatory and contractual requirements in cooperation with Management and staff representatives.
- Guaranteeing employee safety in accordance with ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 standards.
- Managing payroll (salaries, target-based bonuses).
Strategic objectives of the Department of Human Resources:
- To promote the values of individual and team investment recognition in reaching company results.
- To ensure increasingly efficient management of all employees while continuously adapting the team to company needs.
The Purchasing department is responsible for all purchases made by the company. It reports to the General management.
Telma S.A.S. purchases from suppliers from France, Europe, and Asia, for a variety of products and services including copper wire, plastic injection and overmoulding, steel and cast iron foundry, cutting/stamping, forging, machining, fastening, electronics as well as cutting tools, transportation and packaging.
Operational roles of the Purchasing department are as follows:
- Selecting the best suppliers in the initial stage of the projects;
- Fostering productive interaction between all internal actors of the company and suppliers;
- Promoting personal contact with suppliers in order to sustain the relationship while minimizing mutual risk;
- Fulfilling its mission in compliance with IATF 16949, ISO 9001, ISO 14001 et ISO 45001 standards.
- Ensuring full adequacy between company needs, services, and purchased goods.
Strategic objectives of the Purchasing department:
- Completely and comprehensively mastering costs of products and services purchased;
- Continuously searching for suppliers capable of meeting company needs day after day;
- Creating partnerships with strategic suppliers;
- Developing a sustainable and environmentally respectful purchasing policy from call for tenders to project completion.